Multi-Skilled Engineer Nights
Barkston Heath, NG32 3FH
|Hours:||18:00 - 06:00 4 on 4 off|
|Hourly Pay / Salary:||£15 - £18 ph depending on experience|
Location: Barkston Heath
Hours: Nights 18:00 – 06:00 4 on 4 off Shift pattern
Salary: £15 - £18 ph depending on experience
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an organised and progressive Engineer to join an industry leading company near to Grantham, Lincolnshire.
We are a successful and innovative family run company, based near to Grantham, with customer service and production quality being at the core of its values. The engineering role has arisen due to continued growth and the need for onsite maintenance in line with the company’s principles to recruit, train and retain quality members of staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Abide by & promote health & safety, ensuring all approved company safety policies & processes and other relevant legislation is followed. To ensure compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Provide mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance skills including fault identification, analysis to facilitate repairs, improvements, inspections, adjustments and refurbishments to agreed standards.
- Servicing, fault diagnosis and rectification of hydraulic and pneumatic system through interpretation of system drawing and equipment manuals.
- Carry out of mechanical and electrical maintenance, inspection and repair of bulk storage equipment (silos, vessels, hoppers, etc.), transport systems (belt conveyors, drag chain, etc.) packing and baler systems.
- Basic welding & fabrication of equipment guarding, safety fences, etc. to agreed standard.
- Ensure work areas are kept clear at all times and that unused or waste material are returned to stores or properly disposed of at all times.
- Ensure maintenance work is completed in a safe and timely manner and where required details of work carried out is reported to relevant Supervisor and recorded on Maintenance managements systems.
- Ensure that tools required for tasks are kept in good condition and that all defects are reported immediately.
- Performing other duties as requested by your maintenance supervisor and management team.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
- Experience of working in a 24/7 high pressure production environment.
- Time management skills in order to meet demanding programmes of work.
- Trained and competent in the use of fork lift trucks and mobile access equipment would be an advantage. You would be working within a small team and would be expected to work on own initiative.
We offer our employees, Perkz employee discount at various retailers, a free employee care helpline which will offer you 24/7 advice on issues around work or home life, auto-enrolment pension scheme and death in service cover.
Applicants must be, enthusiastic, self-motivated, capable of working within a team and demonstrate a proactive attitude and commitment to health and safety. The right candidate will have previous experience in a similar role.
In the first instance please send your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or written application to Gavin Purvis, Mid UK Recycling, Station Road, Caythorpe, Grantham NG32 3EW